STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Production of all types of textile products which are safe from a human-ecological point of view
- Facilitate and accelerate delivery relationships for manufacturers and retailers wishing to offer their customers product safety.
- Reliable product labelling for consumers who place great emphasis on textiles that are safe and harmless to health.
- Legal conformity for importers, retailers, and manufacturers.
- This service is particularly suited for:
- All companies that manufacture textile raw, interim and end products at all stages of production, and manufacture, assemble or market textile accessories.
- Contract printers and contract finishing operations
Submission of application documents (new or renewals) and sufficient amounts of sample material.
The application must include among other things:
- A description of products to be tested
- A description of the processing steps involved in manufacturing the textile product
- Listing of all dyes and tools used
- Safety data sheets for finishing chemicals
- Copies of certificates for already certified input materials
- Applicant's commitment letter
- An indication of whether the operation wishes to be included in the Buying Guide on the OEKO-TEX® homepage
Laboratory tests or reviews of supplier certificate(s).
Following a successful review of the products listed in the certification application, the company agrees, based on a declaration of conformity, that the OEKO-TEX® Association will be entitled to conduct check inspections on the company's labelled products during the term of the certificate, and may also audit the company's production sites by way of unannounced auditor visits.
- Client benefits:
Certification according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® offers a number of benefits to companies in the textile and garment industry that wish to supply their customers with products that are safe from a health point of view:
- The modular structure of the standard ensures that textile products at all processing stages can be inspected and certified. Double inspections can be avoided by the use of pre-stage certificates.
- The responsibility for the human-ecological quality of products rests with the level that changes the quality or chemical composition of the product during processing. This also allows manufacturers, which are the last link in the production chain, to certify their collections at a reasonable expense.
- The globally applied OEKO-TEX® criteria catalogue offers a standardised requirements profile for purchase and delivery conditions, which simplifies and accelerates the flow of information.
This extra level of transparency produces significantly better prod uct safety and saves time particularly with regard to companies with extremely short production cycles and an elaborate internal quality assurance system.
- Test sample requirements:
- New condition of test samples
Duration of test:
- The duration of the entire certification process depends on the scope of the contract (laboratory tests: 5-10 days)
Minimum sample quantity:
- Yarns/fibres: 150 g per sample
- Area-measured material: 1.5 running metre per sample
- Accessories: 50 g for each accessory / surface / colour
- Mattress parts / foam = 2 pieces each at 25 x 20 x max. thickness in cm
- Other samples for emission chamber test = 2 pieces each at 50 x 40 cm
- Test criteria