Redesign STANDARD 100 & STeP by OEKO-TEX®
Questions & Answers
- 1. Why have the STANDARD 100 and STeP labels been redesigned?
The OEKO-TEX® brand has evolved over its 25 year history and the new labels are a reflection of this growth and modernization. Strategically, OEKO-TEX® has grown from a single consumer label ensuring human-ecological product safety to a global solution driving sustainability for brands, retailers and manufacturers.
- 2. When will the newly designed certificates, logos and labels be available?
The official date to begin using the new STANDARD 100 and STeP by OEKO-TEX® design was 25 October 2016.
- 3. Is there a fixed date by which the existing STANDARD 100 (and STeP) by OEKO-TEX® certificates and labels (using the old design) will expire?
STANDARD 100 and STeP certificates in circulation will remain valid for their indicated period of validity. As mentioned above, we as an OEKO-TEX® member institute will issue certificates in the new layout beginning on 25 October.
We ask that you immediately begin using the new STANDARD 100 label templates in future design work, including: point-of-sale, hangtags, packaging, labels and stickers and other printed marketing materials such as brochures, exhibition walls, placards, etc.
The OEKO-TEX® Association's goal is to have all existing customers/companies worldwide using the new STANDARD 100 label by the end of 2017 for their product labelling and other marketing purposes.
From 1 January 2018, all companies must use the new STANDARD 100 label templates for any communication purpose, including product labelling. Old STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® labels which are still in circulation at that date will remain valid as long as their underlying certification is valid. After that, they must be replaced using the new label design.
- 4. What does the newly designed STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® label look like?
- 5. What does the newly designed STeP label look like?
- 6. Where can we get the new label templates for STANDARD 100 (and STeP) by OEKO-TEX®?
- The new label templates can be downloaded from the OEKO-TEX® Self-Service Portal at www.oeko-tex.com/label-templates beginning 25 October 2016. We are happy to send you your personal login data if you do not have it.
- We can also provide label templates free of charge, either as vectorised .pdf-files (for printing purposes) or as .png-files (for online applications) at any time. Just give us a call or send us an e-mail.
- 7. Where can we order the label templates in special file formats?
- 8. Will the new label and certificates be available in all language versions that currently exist?
Yes, the label and certificates will be available in the same languages.
- 9. Do we have to change the wording to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® in all of our communication materials, too?
Yes, because of the new OEKO-TEX® brand alignment, and for reasons of consistency, the name “OEKO-TEX® Standard 100” has been changed in all published text materials to “STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®”. Please be sure to adapt your communication materials accordingly, particularly your website as this channel is one of the most widely available sources of information for your customers.
- 10. Can we accept products which are still marked with the old label (or delivered with a certificate in the old layout)?
Yes, companies can accept old labels or certificates that are in circulation as long as the underlying certification is valid. Old labels and certificates with the old layout will disappear from the market in time. In the case of STANDARD 100 certificates, these should disappear at least one year after the official switch to the new templates (since, as of now, all OEKO-TEX® institutes will only issue certificates with the refreshed layout).
- 11. Will the fees for certification according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® rise as a result of the new label design?
No, the redesign of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® label has nothing to do with the scope of testing. Thus, the costs for STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certification will remain the same as before.
- 12. Will our customers be able to recognise the new STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certificate at first glance?
The new template for the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certificate has been modernised and updated but, yes, all involved stakeholders will be able to recognise the new certificates at a glance as proof for certification in line with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- 13. Who should we inform if we discover misuse of OEKO-TEX® labels and certificates
If you discover misuse of STANDARD 100 (and STeP) labels or certificates, please contact the OEKO-TEX® Secretariat in Zürich as soon as possible.
- Contact person:
Ms Judith Meyer, email@example.com
- Contact person: